Examination of a 60-year-old Smoker with Shortness of Breath
This micro skills course uses a video clip to demonstrate how to carry out a focused, problem-based physical examination on a patient presenting in primary care with worsening breathlessness.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Decide on an appropriate physical examination of a patient presenting with increasing breathlessness
- Make a targeted examination based on the history to help establish a diagnosis and exclude obvious serious pathology
- Explain to the patient the reasons for your examination and obtain informed consent
- Conduct an appropriate physical examination and explain your findings
- Discuss further examinations or tests which may be necessary to confirm the diagnosis and exclude other pathology
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.