Examination of a 60-year-old Man with Unilateral Hearings Loss
This micro skills course uses a video clip to demonstrate how to carry out a focused, problem-based physical examination on a patient presenting with unilateral hearing loss in primary care.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe an appropriate physical examination for a patient with unilateral hearing loss
- Make a targeted examination in order to help make a diagnosis and management plan
- Explain to the patient the reasons for your examination and obtain informed consent
- Conduct the examination in a patient centred way and explain the process and your findings
- Produce a management plan jointly with the patient
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.