Evoked Response Audiometry
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England will provide information on auditory evoked potentials. The Auditory Brainstem Response test (ABR) helps to evaluate the functioning of the components of the auditory system up to the brainstem level and can measure objectively how well a person hears. Objective assessment such as ABR is useful in instances where a person cannot understand or is unable to cooperate with standard behavioural diagnostic procedures.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) test and explain why it is used
- List the instrumentation and principles of ABR testing
- Describe the clinical applications
- List the normative aspects of ABR
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.