Ethics – Current Issues in Medical Ethics
This micro skills course looks at the ethical and legal aspects of euthanasia before exploring the issues of organ donation. Research ethics are then reviewed before finally looking at the issue of allocating finite medical resources.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Ophthalmologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Discuss the ethical and legal view on euthanasia;
- Discuss the issues and controversies of organ donation
Recall ‘The Declaration of Helsinki’;
- Discuss the issue of rationing medical resources
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.