Ethical Tensions in the Consultation
There is always the possibility of conflict between a doctors view and that of the patient. This micro skills course explores some of the common ethical issues that confront doctors in their day to day practice.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List three factors that need to be considered when faced by an ethical dilemma in a consultation
- Describe briefly the six bioethical principles
- List four circumstances in which it is acceptable to breach confidentiality
- Outline the reasons why breaching confidentiality creates ethical tensions
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.