Estimation of Burn Extent
This micro skills course explores four methods commonly used to estimate burn extent and investigates the potential role of technology in measuring and documenting burn extent.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of accurate assessment of burn extent
- Describe how to use the rule of nines
- Describe how to use the 1% rule
- Explain the role of the Lund-Browder chart
- Explain the role of technology in the measurement and documentation of burn extent
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.