Errors and Experiences in Healthcare
This micro skills course describes the types of error encountered in healthcare settings, ways of identifying errors, and how to prevent errors occurring. It also supports the development of leadership in clinical settings.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by patient safety and clinical errors
- Categorise the types of clinical error that can occur, identifying those most likely within your own area of work
- Describe local and national processes for managing safer care
- Identify where the clinician can play a lead role in promoting safer care (using a case study)
- Identify learning which may arise from clinical errors (whether by self or others)
- Identify how, through demonstrating leadership, you will address issues in the future
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.