Ensuring Development and Learning
This micro skills course examines the formal and informal means of reviewing and managing the individual performance of other people. It describes key aspects around educational supervision, performance review, mentoring and coaching. The micro skills course supports the development of leadership in clinical settings.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define performance management in the context of the individual
- Relate performance management to the formal systems of individual performance review, educational supervision and appraisal
- Identify the skills and techniques associated with conducting effective individual performance review
- Explain the role of mentoring, coaching and counselling in supporting development and improved performance
- Identify where poor performance or inappropriate behaviour calls for the use of formal measures to deal with the situation
- Identify how managing performance relates to clinical leadership
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.