Enabling Smoking Cessation
This micro skills course gives an overview of ways to approach smokers to support their attempts at cessation. As well as informing you of the health implications and nicotine replacement therapies available, it provides you with case studies to put this knowledge to work.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Summarise the implications of a smoking addiction
- Recognise the effect of smoking on the health of the smoker and others
- Select a non-judgemental approach to smoking cessation conversations
- Verify the importance of continued support during smoking cessation
- Identify the most effective smoking cessation strategy for a variety of situations
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.