This micro skills course examines the concepts of equality and diversity. It considers how legislation and policy serve to ensure that people are treated fairly whether they are employees, or receiving care.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify what is meant by equality and diversity in the context of working in healthcare and delivering healthcare services
- Examine key pieces of legislation relevant to equality and identify the responsibilities these place on individuals and organisations
- Identify how equality and diversity considerations can influence the development and delivery of services
- Identify how equality and diversity considerations influence human resource policy and practice
- Demonstrate your contribution to clinical leadership by identifying areas of potential discrimination and ways to address them
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.