Emotional Support and Signposting
This micro skills course will help you to understand the skills required to communicate effectively with individuals and families affected by bereavement, demonstrating empathy and signposting to other services where appropriate.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe how to initiate and maintain supportive conversations with bereaved people
- Recognise and respond to a variety of different barriers to communication
- Describe some of the complexities in communicating with bereaved people who are not normally resident in the UK
- Recognise the value of signposting in referring bereaved people on to more specialised services
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.