This micro skills course explores the different methods of emergency contraception, including their indications and use. For consistency, we have adopted the FSRH Clinical Effectiveness Unit’s guidance. This guidance may differ from the manufacturer’s summary of product characteristics and patient information leaflet.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the methods of emergency contraception available and the effectiveness of each method;
- Recognise where there is a risk of pregnancy and advise appropriately;
- Specify key points in history taking, counselling and follow up for safe and effective use of emergency contraception;
- Identify needs for future contraception and when this can be started, as well as any risk of sexually transmitted infection and advise appropriately
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.