This micro skills course covers the role of the doctor in advising patients regarding their medical fitness to drive and the steps involved in Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) notification.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain who sets medical standards for fitness to drive
- Name the broad categories of medical conditions or impairments requiring notification to the DVLA for group 1 licences
- Explain the duties of a doctor as set out by the General Medical Council (GMC) in advising patients who have medical conditions requiring DVLA notification
- Explain the steps you should take if a patient fails to act on your advice regarding DVLA notification
- Demonstrate how to access further information and advice from the GMC and detailed DVLA guidance
- Explain to a patient the likely procedure once they inform the DVLA of a medical condition
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.