Drug Management of Pain Core Knowledge
This micro skills course reviews the use of the WHO analgesic ladder within an integrated approach to pain management.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Physicians
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Represent the WHO analgesic ladder in diagram form
- Give examples of drugs used at each stage of the ladder and why they are used
- Outline some of the uses and limitations of the analgesic ladder
- Define and list some common adjuvant analgesics used in pain management
- Recognise other pain management interventions that can be used in conjunction with drugs on the analgesic ladder
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.