Doppler in Intensive Care Echocardiography Clinical
Doppler imaging is essential for comprehensive assessment of cardiac function. Basic Doppler techniques can enhance the value of echo examination particularly when valve pathology is present. This micro skills course builds on the material covered in the 02_01 DICE Theory (305-2001) micro skills course by illustrating the value of Doppler using mitral regurgitation, aortic stenosis and pulmonary artery pressure measurement as examples.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the apical long axis 2D echo view
- Describe the key Doppler findings in common valve pathologies
- Appreciate the value of integrating Doppler with 2D echo in clinical practice
- Appreciate the limitations of basic Doppler in evaluating cardiac pathology
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.