Disposal Procedures for Radioactive Waste
This session describes how radioactive waste arises in nuclear medicine and how it is disposed of. Routes of disposal for solid and liquid waste are discussed along with the documentation and legal requirements.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe how radioactive waste is produced in nuclear medicine
- Define the legal requirements for radioactive waste disposal
- Identify the disposal routes for liquid and solid radioactive waste
- Apply standard methods for the calculation of waste activity
- Discuss the documentation required for the disposal of radioactive waste
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.