Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract
This micro skills course will give you an understanding of basic anatomy, function, physiology and pathology of the gastrointestinal tract (GI) tract. It will discuss common conditions which can become chronic and can present with oral symptoms and signs.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the normal anatomy, function and physiology of the gastrointestinal tract
- Discuss the pathology of the commonest gastrointestinal disorders
- Identify the signs and symptoms of these disorders in dental patients
- Explain the impact of these disorders in the provision of dental care
- Discuss the impact that dental care may have upon these disorders
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.