Diseases of the Bone
This micro skills course provides an overview of normal bone followed by a range of bone diseases including genetic, metabolic, endocrine and inflammatory bone disorders. For each bone disorder the aetiopathogenesis, clinical presentation, radiological and histological appearances are discussed including patient management, particularly in relation to dentistry.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List examples of the histology and types of normal bone
- Explain the cellular functions within normal bone
- Identify the common disorders of bone, including their clinical presentation, radiological and histological appearances
- Explain the management of these conditions and the impact that these conditions may have upon the provision of dental care
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.