Digital Hearing Aid Technology
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England explores the differences between analogue and digital hearing aid technology, particularly focusing on the advanced features of digital hearing aids. Topics such as programmability, directionality, feedback suppression and compression will be covered. By the end of this micro skills course from NHS Health Education England, you should be able to summarise the benefits of digital hearing aid technology and describe some of the advanced features of these hearing aids.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of digital hearing aid technology;
- Define the function of directional microphones;
- Explain what digital feedback suppression does;
- Explain how wide dynamic range compression can benefit the hearing aid user;
- Describe the benefits and limitations of digital noise reduction
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.