Difficulty in Breathing
This micro skills courses covers dyspnoea, its definition, causes and management. The micro skills course will then look at some specific conditions and the role of non-invasive ventilation (NIV).
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise dyspnoea and its causes
- Detail pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of dyspnoea
- Specify how to start home oxygen therapy
- Describe the role of assisted ventilation in children with neuromuscular conditions
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.