Difficult Conversations in Palliative Care
There are inevitable times when GPs are faced with difficult conversations with patients or their friends or relatives, particularly in palliative care situations. This micro skills course aims to provide some strategies to tackle common difficult conversations.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain how to adapt communication skills to meet patient needs
- Define whether and how relatives and others might be involved
- Describe the need to share information with patients in an honest and unbiased manner
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.