Diagnosis of Diabetes
This micro skills course will discuss the diagnostic criteria for diabetes and explain how environmental and genetic factors influence the prevalence of diabetes. Risk factors and implications associated with diabetes will also be covered.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the diagnostic criteria for diabetes, impaired fasting glucose and impaired glucose tolerance
- Explain how environmental and genetic factors influence the prevalence of diabetes
- Describe the risk factors associated with diabetes
- Describe when to initiate oral hypoglycaemic medication, anti-hypertensive and cholesterol-lowering drugs
- List the implications of a diagnosis of diabetes on co-morbidity and life expectancy
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.