Diagnosis and Treatment of Hyperventilation Syndrome
This micro skills course reviews the diagnosis and treatment approaches for patients with chronic hyperventilation syndrome (HVS).
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Physicians
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise the typical presentation of patients with hyperventilation
- List discriminating tests required to enable diagnosis
- Recognise important discriminating symptoms in the differential diagnosis and be aware of red flag symptoms which suggest more serious pathology in the breathless patient
- Formulate a management plan
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.