Diagnosing and Managing Eye Problems in Children
This micro skills course covers the principles of testing vision in children in primary care. The process of how to check corneal light reflex is described along with the principles and management of strabismus and amblyopia. Leukococoria in young children is considered along with the importance of early recognition and treatment. The micro skills course also covers the management of both common and less common eye conditions including watery eye and orbital cellulitis.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the principles of vision testing in children and conduct an assessment of the corneal reflexes
- Describe the principles and management of strabismus and amblyopia
- Identify leukocoria and the importance of the condition in a child
- Describe the management of a child with a watery eye
- Distinguish signs of orbital cellulitis as a potentially life-threatening condition
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.