This micro skills course reviews diabetic ketoacidosis. In particular, it looks at managing diabetic ketoacidosis in children and adolescents in line with the national guidelines recommended by the British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (BSPED) and Diabetes UK, which are based on NICE guidelines.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of monitoring children and adolescents who present in diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)
- Identify how the treatment of children and adolescents with DKA differs from the treatment of adults with DKA
- Describe the treatment of children and adolescents with DKA
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.