Diabetes Understanding the Patients Perspective and Encouraging Self-care
Having diabetes can have huge implications on quality of life, life expectancy and lifestyle. This micro skills course explores some of these issues and the impact that diabetes can have on psychosocial welfare.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the impact that diabetes can have on the quality of life of the individual
- Recognise the psychological co-morbidities that occur with diabetes
- Identify strategies to enable patients with diabetes to self-care
- Recognise the social implications of diabetes
- Recognise the role of national and community-based support groups for people with diabetes
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.