This micro skills course identifies the metabolic consequences of diabetes mellitus which impact on surgical practice, and how to manage patients with diabetes mellitus peri-operatively.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Ophthalmologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define the different types of diabetes;
- Identify the complications leading to surgical treatments that may arise from diabetes;
- Explain how patients with diabetes should be managed peri-operatively
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.