Developing Person Centred Care Skills
This micro skills course reviews the skills and knowledge required to deliver effective Person Centred Care.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Ophthalmologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Further develop understanding of person centred care principles
- Understand the different elements of a Shared Decision Making conversation
- Understand how the Montgomery Ruling impacts on Shared Decision Making
- Understand how the Mental Capacity Act supports clinicians to respect patient autonomy
- Develop understanding of Self-Management Support principles
- Develop understanding of Motivational Interviewing principles
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.