Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to develop and implement a workplace sustainability policy and to modify the policy to suit changed circumstances. It applies to individuals with managerial responsibilities who undertake work developing approaches to create, monitor and improve strategies and policies within workplaces and engage with a range of relevant stakeholders and specialists.
What will I learn?
- Define scope of sustainability policy
- Gather information from a range of sources to plan and develop policy
- Identify and consult stakeholders as a key component of the policy development process
- Include appropriate strategies in policy at all stages of work for minimising resource use, reducing toxic material and hazardous chemical use and employing life cycle management approaches
- Make recommendations for policy options based on likely effectiveness, timeframes and cost
- Develop policy that reflects the organisations commitment to sustainability as an integral part of business planning and as a business opportunity
- Agree to appropriate methods of implementation, outcomes and performance indicators
- Promote workplace sustainability policy, including its expected outcome, to key stakeholders
- Inform those involved in implementing the policy about expected outcomes, activities to be undertaken and assigned responsibilities
- Develop and communicate procedures to help implement workplace sustainability policy
- Implement strategies for continuous improvement in resource efficiency
- Establish and assign responsibility for recording systems to track continuous improvements in sustainability approaches
- Document outcomes and provide feedback to key personnel and stakeholders
- Modify policy and or procedures as required to ensure improvements are made
- Monitor records to identify trends that may require remedial action and use to promote continuous improvement of performance
- Investigate successes or otherwise of policy
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.
What should I know before commencing this?
There are no pre-requisites for this course.