Develop teams and individuals
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to determine individual and team development needs and to facilitate the development of the workgroup.
It applies to individuals with a broad knowledge of learning and development who apply their skills in addressing development needs to meet team objectives. They may have responsibility to provide guidance or to delegate aspects of tasks to others.
What will I learn?
- Receive, interpret and document written and oral instructions using medical terminology
- Use checklists where appropriate. Interpret abbreviations for specialised medical terminology
- Interpret and adhere to the policies and procedures of the workplace
- Seek clarification when necessary
- Use medical terminology correctly in the completion of routine tasks
- Seek assistance from supervisor or experienced staff member as required
- Use appropriate medical terminology as directed, in oral communication with patients, fellow workers and health professionals
- Use appropriate medical terminology as directed, in written communication with patients, fellow workers and health professionals
- Present written communication to a designated person for verification if required
- Spell and pronounce medical terminology correctly
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.
What should I know before commencing this?
There are no pre-requisites for this course.