Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to identify networking and collaboration needs and develop formal and informal partnerships to enhance service delivery and improve professional practice. This course applies to work in all industry sectors, and to individuals who take pro-active responsibility for improving collaboration between workers and organisations.
What will I learn?
- Evaluate the ways in which individual and organisation performance may be improved through collaboration
- Identify and prioritise organisation and individual needs
- Identify gaps in networks and collaborative practice and identify required action to fill the gap
- Gather and review information about relevant services, organisations and key people
- Pro-actively initiate relationships with other inter and intra sectoral professions and organisations
- Share information and resources, where possible, with other organisations to overcome duplication in service delivery
- Maintain currency and accessibility of information
- Define and document the type and level of collaboration, and negotiate with the relevant people
- Identify opportunities that meet client, personal and organisation goals
- Plan and implement integrated projects and service delivery
- Liaise with staff from relevant organisations on a formal and informal basis
- Promote a positive image of the organisation at available opportunities
- Communicate issues, policies and practices of the organisation in appropriate formats
- Implement confidentiality measures that protect client, organisation and network
- Maintain networks and other work relationships to provide identifiable benefits for clients and the organisation
- Improve and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- Monitor benefits to worker, organisation and client group in ongoing participation
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of collaborations and make recommendations for action
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.
What should I know before commencing this?
There are no pre-requisites for this course.