Develop and facilitate team cohesion
This micro skills course describes the skills and knowledge required to lead teams in the workplace and to actively engage with the management of the organisation. It applies to individuals working at a managerial level who facilitate work teams and build a positive culture within their work teams. At this level, work will normally be carried out using complex and diverse methods and procedures requiring the exercise of considerable discretion and judgement, using a range of problem solving and decision making strategies.
What will I learn?
- Develop strategies to ensure team members have input into planning, decision making and operational aspects of work team
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure team members take responsibility for own work and assist others to undertake required roles and responsibilities
- Provide feedback to team members to encourage, value and reward individual and team efforts and contributions
- Develop processes to ensure that issues, concerns and problems identified by team members are recognised and addressed
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.
What should I know before commencing this?
Establish team performance plan