Develop a mentoring plan for the workplace
This micro skills course describes the skills and knowledge required to establish and develop a professional mentoring relationship with an individual in a workplace. It applies to workplace supervisors or other work colleagues who work under limited supervision and who have responsibility for mentoring one or more individuals in the workplace. This may include, but is not limited to, those who mentor an apprentice or trainee employed by, or undertaking a work placement within, an organisation.
What will I learn?
- Identify scope and boundaries of the mentoring relationship according to organisational procedures
- Document mentoring plan in accordance with organisational requirements
- Establish ground rules and negotiate realistic expectations
- Establish and maintain confidentiality of the relationship in accordance with legislation, policy and procedures
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.