This micro skills course describes the constituents, preparation, handling, clinical applications and disposal of dental amalgam.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the different types of dental amalgam available and their varying properties
- Describe the common clinical applications of dental amalgam
- List the advantages and disadvantages of dental amalgam as a restorative material
- Discuss the legislation surrounding the correct disposal of the material
- List the potential health-related effects of dental amalgam
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.