Delivering to the Community
This micro skills course suggests approaches to promote the oral health of the community. It outlines the rationale for community-based preventative measures, describes the approaches available and provides guidelines on appraising the literature that supports a community-based approach.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the epidemiological information required to decide on an appropriate oral health promotion strategy
- Describe the shortcomings of the conventional dental health education
- Outline the basis for the Common Risk Factor Strategy
- Suggest appropriate settings for oral health promotion for different population groups
- Outline the role of a dentist in oral health promotion strategy
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.