Delirium Recognition and Causes
In this micro skills course delirium (the acute confusional state) is discussed in order that foundation year doctors can recognise, assess and manage this condition in various clinical settings.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise that delirium is a common medical emergency
- Diagnose patients with delirium
- Arrange appropriate investigations to identify the underlying cause of delirium
- Apply the general principles of the management of delirium in daily clinical practice
- Note: Delirium and acute confusional state refer to the same clinical syndrome
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.