Definition and Diagnosis
This micro skills course aims to outline type 2 diabetes mellitus and how to diagnose it in children and young people. It also includes some diagnostic challenges.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define type 2 diabetes in children and young people
- Describe how type 2 diabetes is different from other forms of diabetes, in particular type 1 diabetes
- Outline the diagnostic challenges in diagnosing type 2 diabetes
- List risk factors and high prevalence groups for type 2 diabetes
- Explain the diagnostic criteria of type 2 diabetes
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.