Defining and Understanding Hearing Thresholds
This module reviews why a hearing test may be necessary and what information it may give the audiologist. It explains the order and methodology for presenting the tones to determine a hearing threshold. It also establishes the concept of a true threshold and what further testing may be required.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the preparations for the pure tone hearing test;
- Describe how a hearing threshold is determined and used in the hearing test;
- State why it is necessary to obtain an accurate hearing threshold;
- Define a ‘true’ threshold
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.