This micro skills course will provide an overview of disinfection, sterilisation and decontamination relevant to dental instruments and equipment. It will discuss the methods used to reprocess instruments and equipment in used clinical dental treatment.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the reasoning behind the need to decontaminate dental instruments and equipment
- Explain the legal framework within which we operate
- List the processes by which a variety of dental instruments and equipment are reprocessed after use, in preparation for reuse
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.