Data Security Awareness
This e-learning micro skills course and the Data Security Awareness eAssessment meet the statutory and mandatory training requirements and learning outcomes for Data Security Awareness in the UK Core Skills Training Framework (UK CSTF).
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
- Describe the importance of data security in healthcare
- Explain the National Data Guardian Standards and your responsibilities
- Outline the steps you must follow to ensure you comply with the law
- Define potential threats to the security of information and how you can avoid or minimise them
- Identify breaches and incidents and how to avoid them
- Outline the principles of good record keeping
- Explain the fundamentals of the Caldicott principles
- Describe the responsibilities of healthcare organisations under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and how to respond to a Freedom of Information request
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.