Culturally Sensitive Palliative and End of Life Care for Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Trans (LGBT) People
This micro skills course explores the issues and needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people with a specific emphasis on those needing and receiving palliative and end of life care. It also examines ways of providing LGBT-friendly care.
What will I learn?
- Define the common terminology and acronyms related to gender and sexual minorities;
- Explain LGBT-related stressors;
- Identify LGBT-specific issues and needs in palliative care;
- Implement innovative methods for providing an LGBT-friendly service.
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.