Cultural and Religious Diversity and Bereavement
This micro skills course will review the importance for both the patient and the family of identifying key cultural, spiritual and religious rituals and feelings. This is especially important when patients are dying and in the immediate period of bereavement. The importance of respecting diversity will be stressed.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise the central importance of treating patients as individuals
- Recognise that dying patients are often searching for meaning in their lives
- Recognise that thoughtlessness may easily lower the standard of care in these situations
- Identify the importance of cultivating self-awareness, so you are in a position to hear what dying patients and their carers need from you, unclouded by your own preconceptions
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.