CTGs in Special Circumstances Part 1
This micro skills course considers the cardiotocograph (CTG) in pregnancies associated with in utero growth restriction (IUGR), the preterm fetus, prelabour ruptured membranes and maternal pyrexia.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise how a CTG may differ in each special circumstance
- Recognise which of these changes represent normal physiology and which may represent pathology
- Appreciate how each circumstance influences the risk of fetal hypoxia
- Understand the need for a lower threshold for intervention once key features are recognised
- Appreciate which interventions may or may not be appropriate in each circumstance
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.