Creating a Safe Environment for the Use of Lasers and Other Optical Radiation Devices
This micro skills course describes the legislation and standards pertaining to laser, IPL and LED safety and highlights the role of effective safety management and administration in ensuring safe practice.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the relevant legislation and standards that pertain to laser, IPL and LED devices;
- Explain the basic principles of safety management and administration;
- Describe the roles of the laser protection adviser and supervisor;
- Describe the safety procedures and policies including risk assessment, local rules and controlled area;
- Explain the meaning of warning labels associated with optical radiation equipment
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.