Coordinate the delivery of the individualised plan
This micro skills course describes the skills and knowledge to provide services to an older person. It involves following and contributing to an established individual plan. This micro skills course applies to workers in a residential or community context, or those in personal care or support services that work with older people. Work performed requires some discretion and judgement and is carried out under regular direct or indirect supervision.
What will I learn?
- Identify and prioritise the needs, goals and preferences of the older person outlined in the individualised plan
- Coordinate services and support activities in consultation with the older person and colleagues
- Outline and clarify all service providers understanding of the individualised plan and their roles and responsibilities
- Recognise signs consistent with financial, physical or emotional abuse or neglect of the older person and respond in line with organisation guidelines
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.