Coordinate business resources
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to determine and analyse existing and required resources, their effective application and the accountability for their use. It applies to individuals with a broad knowledge of business resources who contribute well developed skills and knowledge to ensure adequate resources are available to perform the work of the organisation. They may have responsibility to provide guidance or to delegate aspects of these tasks to others.
What will I learn?
- Determine resource requirements in accordance with business and operational plans and organisational requirements
- Provide opportunities to individuals and workgroups to contribute to the identification of resource requirements
- Ensure resource expenditure is realistic and makes efficient use of available budget resources
- Present recommendations on resource requirements in the required format, style and structure using relevant business equipment and technology
- Acquire physical resources and services in accordance with organisational requirements
- Check resources to ensure quality and quantity are in line with service agreements
- Allocate resources promptly to enable achievement of workgroup objectives
- Ensure consultation with individuals and teams on allocation of resources is participative and is conducted using appropriate interpersonal skills
- Measure effectiveness of resource planning and assess against actual costs, identified shortfalls and surpluses
- Develop and implement methods of monitoring resource use to enable timely and accurate reporting against business and operational plans
- Identify improvements in resource planning through consultation and feedback, and implement in accordance with organisational requirements
- Maintain records concerning equipment and resource purchases in accordance with organisational requirements
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.
What should I know before commencing this?
There are no pre-requisites for this course.