Conventional Bridges: Tooth Preparation
This micro skills course will look at the principles of tooth preparation including example preparations for crowns as retainers. The concepts of retention and resistance form will also be covered as well as methods of increasing retention and resistance form with auxiliary retention features.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the five key principles of tooth preparation (as described by Shillingburg )
- Describe the principles of retention and resistance form with regard to tooth preparation
- Explain the importance of preparation taper with regard to tooth preparations
- Describe the different types of marginal finish for varying cast restorations
- Describe auxiliary features that can be used to increase retention and resistance form
- Apply preparation principles to the preparation of multiple bridge abutments
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.