Conventional Bridges: Impression Techniques
This micro skills course will outline the properties of various impression materials used to record tooth preparations for crown and bridgework. Factors influencing selection of appropriate impression material will also be discussed, as will various techniques which enhance accurate recording of surface detail.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Classify impressions materials and explain their advantages and disadvantages
- Select an appropriate material to record impressions for crown and bridgework
- Describe the different techniques for recording such impressions along with their limitations
- List techniques that aid accurate recording of subgingival margins
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.