Contribute to effective workplace relationships
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to gather information and maintain effective relationships and networks, with particular regard to communication and representation. This course applies to individuals who use leadership skills including motivation, mentoring and coaching to develop efficient, effective and unified teams and facilitate communication between team members and management of the organisation.
What will I learn?
- Ensure strategies and processes are in place to communicate information associated with the achievement of work responsibilities to all co-workers
- Develop and/or implement consultation processes to ensure that employees have the opportunity to contribute to issues related to their work role
- Facilitate feedback to employees on outcomes of the consultation processes
- Develop and/or implement processes to ensure that issues raised are resolved promptly or referred to relevant personnel
- Establish and/or implement policies to ensure that the organisations cultural diversity and ethical values are adhered to
- Gain and maintain the trust and confidence of colleagues and external contacts through professional conduct
- Adjust own interpersonal communication styles to meet the organisations cultural diversity and ethical environment and guide and support the work team in their personal adjustment process
- Use networks to build workplace relationships providing identifiable outcomes for the team and the organisation
- Conduct ongoing planning to ensure that effective internal and external workplace relationships are developed and maintained
- Develop and/or implement strategies to ensure that difficulties in workplace relationships are identified and resolved
- Establish processes and systems to ensure that conflict is identified and managed constructively in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures
- Provide guidance, counselling and support to assist co-workers in resolving their work difficulties
- Develop and implement an action plan to address any identified difficulties
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.
What should I know before commencing this?
There are no pre-requisites for this course.