This micro skills course describes an evidence based approach to prescribing contraception for adolescents.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Paediatrics and Children's Health
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise the extent of the problem and recent trends in obesity statistics
- Recognise the multi-factorial nature of obesity and the need for a variety of strategies to influence it
- List the sequelae of adolescent obesity during adolescence and in later life
- Describe the metabolic syndrome and the significance of central adiposity
- Explain the concept of weight stabilisation and discuss goal-setting and treatment options that are appropriate at different stages of growth in height
- Assess common weight reduction approaches and the evidence regarding their success rates
- Analyse the effects of exercise on overweight and obesity
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.